- users of our website,
- recipients of our email newsletters,
- buyers of our coupons, and
- individuals who wish to book accommodation or airline tickets through our website
What is personal data and what personal data we process?“Personal data” is all data relating to an individual and on the basis of which the individual is identified and determined. A personal datum can be represented by various identifiers such as location data, Internet identifiers, and the like.
Megabon processes the following personal data categories:
- identification data (name, surname),
- contact data (address, zip code, place of residence, telephone number, e-mail),
- demographic data (year of birth, sex),
- location data,
- data related to the use of the website and the service (data on the use of the websites, data on the history of the purchase, data on the use of sent email newsletters)
Processing of Personal Data of a MinorOn Megabon, account registration is only allowed for adults. Registration and purchase of coupons through our website is not possible for persons under 18 years of age. If a minor who has given false information about his or her age has entered into a contract with us (i.e. made a coupon purchase), Megabon reserves the right to withdraw from the contract.
How do we process your personal data?We process personal data based on lawful, predefined purposes, which are explained in this chapter.
If you are a user of our website, we process personal data for the following purposes:
- Subscription to Email Newsletters
Every individual who subscribes to our email newsletters will receive informative news about offers, events, promotions, or any other news within our domain. We will send you email newsletters based on your explicit consent.
- Collection of Personal Data for Remarketing Purposes
- Participation in Prize Contests
Participation in the prize contests is subject to separate terms and privacy notices that will be posted for each prize contest. Participation in prize contests is only possible with your consent.
- Conducting Statistical Analyses
Megabon uses aggregated and anonymous personal data to improve and optimize its website. In this way, we improve information, content, and offers and adapt them to your needs, general requirements and statistical purposes, reports for the development of new products and services, and monitoring the performance of existing products and services.
- Sending email newsletters
Each individual who subscribes to our email newsletters will receive updates about offers, events, promotions, or any other news within our domain. We will send you email newsletters only based on the law. You can unsubscribe from receiving email newsletters at any time.
- Direct Sales by Phone
At Megabon, with your express consent, we conduct direct sales by phone.
- Sending an Unfinished Purchase Notification
If you have started a purchase on our website but have not completed it, we will send you an unfinished purchase notification to your email address. We will send you such notice based on our legitimate interest, which offers an efficient purchase process.
- Registration on our Website
You must create an account on our website before making a purchase. This makes shopping faster and easier and verifies your purchase history and the validity of coupons. The following personal data are required to create an account: email address, password, first name, last name, street and house number, zip code, city, state. We process personal data based on a legitimate interest in ensuring the safe and efficient company business.
- Making a Purchase
To complete your order, we process personal data to send the ordered products and to contact you about the status of the order by email or phone. Your personal data will be forwarded to the final service provider for confirming your order/reservation. This data is processed based on a legal contractual obligation.
- Gift Voucher Purchase
If you are purchasing a gift voucher, in addition to the above data, we will also need the personal data of the voucher recipient, which includes the name, surname, and address to which we send the voucher. We process this data based on a legitimate interest in ensuring the fulfillment of the order.
- Ordering by Phone
You can place an order by phone. To fulfill your order, we process personal data to send the ordered products and to contact you about the status of the order by email or phone. Your personal data will be forwarded to the final service provider for confirming your order/reservation. This data is processed on the basis of a legal contractual obligation.
- Communication with customers, related to order execution and complaints
After placing an order or during a purchase, you can contact the customer support if you need help with your order. You can also contact the customer support in case of a complaint or claim. We will process your personal data as part of the resolution of your request, to the extent necessary to answer your questions or resolve your complaint. In doing so, an insight into the history of your purchases is possible, but only if it is necessary to get an answer or a solution to the complaint. Data processing is conducted based on a legitimate interest in effectively addressing the demands of clients and potential clients.
What is personalization?
Personalization means setting certain content according to an individual's preferences. In this way, we offer content that might interest you and that is relevant to you. We couldn't do this without the processing of personal data. With your consent, you will receive personalized email newsletters. This means that we will tailor the content of the newsletters to your interests.
When you use our website (login, order…), the browser collects your data through our servers. The data includes your IP address, the date and time of your visit, duration of your stay on our website, the URL of the website through which you came to our website, the places you visited on our website and information about the device or browser (e.g. browser type and version and the operating system).
Do you share my personal data?We share your personal data with third parties only when necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were selected. Likewise, we share only those personal data that need to be necessarily shared to achieve the purpose of the processing. When we do so, we strive to transfer a minimum amount of personal data. Every third party we do business with is carefully selected and meets the standards for personal data protection. Also, we have made a separate contract with each third party that processes personal data for us. The contract defines the processing of personal data that a third party may perform. In this way, we strive to keep personal data secure even when we share it with third parties.
We may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- third parties that provide services for Megabon (this includes third parties that provide certain services that enable us to operate, such as accounting services, marketing agencies, IT service providers).
- the executors in the process of providing certain services, in the delivery of your products (in the courier service), in the payment of the order (eg in the bank)
- the final service providers are third parties whose coupons are published on our website. We share the data about the purchase of an individual coupon with them, otherwise, it would be impossible to use the coupon.
- our business partners who provide certain services on our website (Kiwi, which offers airline tickets, Booking.com, which offers direct accommodation, adriatica.net, which offers apartments, and Mountvacation, which offers winter holidays).
- with the competent institutions - in case of legal requests from state bodies.
You can sign up to Megabon website using a Facebook or Google account. If you choose to do so, your activity on our website and our applications will be available to that social network. It will thus be subject to their privacy policies that you agreed to when logging in to the network. If you don't want that, don't use your Facebook or Google account when signing up.
How do we protect your personal data?Megabon works effectively to implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures based on the carried out risk assessment. These measures are implemented to protect against unauthorized or unlawful conduct, and accidental loss or damage.
Also, your personal data is not shared with third countries (non-EU countries), unless appropriate measures have been taken in accordance with applicable laws.
Do I have any rights?
Of course. You can claim your rights at any time, at no cost. You can exercise your rights by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Moderna Ventures SA, Atten. MEGABON, Via Industrie 25, 6512 Giubiasco, Switzerland, with attachment “for the protection of personal data”.
You can claim the following rights:
- right to access your personal data and data regarding processing You may at any time request information about the processing of your personal data, as well as relevant information about the processing and access to personal data that we provide to you under the right to print data.
- right to data printout You may at any time request a printout of your personal data we process. You are entitled to one free copy per year. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for forwarding additional copies.
- right to correction You may at any time request that we correct either incorrect or incomplete data about you.
- right to limit processing is available to you in certain cases. The processing restriction is always temporary and ends when the reason for the restriction ceases. When you request a processing restriction, we do not delete your personal data, but only restrict the processing. Processing restrictions are possible in the following cases:
- when exercising your right to correction or right to objection
- when you believe that the processing of personal data is not lawful, but you do not want it to be deleted,
- when Megabon no longer uses your personal data, but you need it to enforce legal claims.
- right to objection is available to you in certain cases - when we process your personal data based on legitimate interest. We will carefully consider all objections submitted and suspend processing unless there are compelling legitimate interests to do so.
- right to withdraw consent is at your disposal at any time. Withdrawal of consent has no negative consequences for you. However, we may not be able to provide you with certain services after withdrawing (for example, if you withdraw your consent to receive email newsletters, we cannot guarantee that you will receive further email newsletters).
- right to portabilityYou have the right to request that your personal data, processed by automated means based on your consent or contract, be transferred directly to another controller.
- the right to deletion is available to you in certain cases:
- When we no longer need your personal data (the purpose of processing has been fulfilled or is no longer carried out),
- When you withdraw your consent,
- When your claim is resolved favorably,
- When it comes to illegal processing of personal data,
- When deleting data is required by applicable law,
- When data for the offered information company services are collected from minors
More information on these rights can be found on http://www.emsa.europa.eu/about/personal-data-protection.html
How long do you keep my personal data?Your personal data is stored as long as legally necessary or as long as your consent lasts. However, you can request access to your personal data at any time or delete your personal data (unless we have an obligation to further process personal data).
Processing Purpose Storage Duration
Email newsletters subscription until cancellation
Personal data collection for remarketing purposes until cancellation
Conducting direct sales by telephone until cancellation
Participation in prize contests another 30 days after the end of prize contests; the data on the winners is kept longer under the provisions of the legislation
Unfinished purchase notification two days after the notification was sent
Registration on our website until the contract is handed over
Purchasing until the end of the contract and 5 years after the fulfillment of the contract
Gift voucher purchase until the end of the contract and 5 years after the fulfillment of the contract
Ordering by phone until the end of the contract and 5 years after the fulfillment of the contract
Communication with customers, related to order execution and complaints 30 days after completion of the procedure
Can I get more information?You may at any time submit questions or requests relating to personal data and how to exercise your personal data rights to email@example.com.
If you want to contact us by mail, send your request to:
Moderna Ventures SA,
Via Industrie 25,
6512 Giubiasco, Swiss
with attachment "for personal data protection"
25 May 2018